Our experts and senior specialists are also available for expert works:
- Assessment of existing plant and due diligence
- Feasibility studies for hydropower projects, plant rehabilitation and upgrading projects
- Supervision of construction and electro-mechanical equipment installation
- Supervision of plant commissioning
- Analysis of safety conditions of dams, penstocks and appurtenant structures
- Remedial works
- Heavy maintenance
- Measurement and diagnostics
- Environmental issues
- Sediment management
- Hydrological assessment
- Geological/geotechnical considerations
- Climate change
- Socio-economic studies
Maintaining hydropower facilities can be expensive and time-consuming, and is driven by a number of factors, including the age of the plant, existing operational practices, and the number of personnel needed to run the facility securely and optimally.
Our team of experts are able to provide a comprehensive range of operational and maintenance support services, throughout the lifecycle of the facility, including assessments of existing plants and due diligence, feasibility studies for hydropower projects, plant rehabilitation and upgrading projects, and supervision of construction and electro-mechanical equipment installation.
In addition, we supervise plant commissioning, conduct analyses of the safety conditions of dams, penstocks and appurtenant structures, and carry out any remedial works, heavy maintenance and troubleshooting that is needed.
Our team at HOI is also thoroughly versed in measurement and diagnostics, environmental issues, sediment management, hydrological assessment, geological/geotechnical considerations, climate change and socio-economic studies.
HOI offers specialised engineering expertise in the development and maintenance of dams, hydropower, thermopower systems and water infrastructure projects, to help to power communities and industries worldwide, while always keeping technical and environmental considerations in mind.
Our industry experts are renowned for their effectiveness, understanding of customer needs, as well as for their creative ability to carry out renewable energy projects and integrate them into the natural and built environments.
We have developed a strong expertise in the field of hydroelectric facility design. Irrespective of whether our clients need help with the design of new facilities or inspection and rehabilitation of existing ones, our multidisciplinary team provides innovative solutions to achieve optimal results. Our Practice Areas:
- Hydrology and Hydraulics (1D, 2D and 3D modeling)
- Civil and Structural Design and Stability Analysis
- Geotechnical and Geological Engineering
- Flood Risk Assessments
- Dams and Dam Safety
- Turbine-generator Selection and Review (W2W)
- Heavy Mechanical Design (gates, hoists, etc.)
- Medium and High-Voltage Electrical Design
- Auxiliary Electrical and Mechanical Services
- Civil Engineering
- Enviromental Impact Analysis (EIA)
- Mechanical Expertise